Ok, who likes food? Who likes recipes? Do you like easy recipes? Great, Lets get started!
Lucas is the cook in this house and I am oh so grateful for that. He’s is not only creative but he is the type that can taste food and tell you exactly what is in it and recreate it pretty much to perfection. If the first time isn’t perfection he isn’t going to stop until it is. (Its never taken more than two tries really.)
So here we are, two days after Thanksgiving and we had a whole fried turkey left over. Who’s gonna let that bad boy go to waste? Not us! If you haven’t had fried turkey, go ahead and plan to be here next year, we will save you a seat.
Now without further ado, here are the directions to easy, no fuss, fairly healthy, turkey noodle soup. Yes, this is our chicken noodle soup recipe but we’ve just replaced the meat to fit whats in our fridge.
- 1 whole white onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 large shredded carrots
- 2.5 quarts of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds of turkey meat, we used dark and light
- table spoon each of dried thyme, rosemary, sage and summer savory.
- salt and pepper to taste
- one pack of pappardelle pasta
- 3 tblspoons butter
- one beer- to drink, NOT to put in soup haha
Look friends, we shop at Trader Joes where we get most of these ingredients. We bought and dried our own herbs but you can definitely use already dried ones. And if you don’t feel like chopping all your veggies they have a great soup starter mix (mirepoix) that has your celery, onion and carrots diced small. I just like a little extra carrot in mine. 😉
STEP BY STEP
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in your pot
- Add all chopped veggies and herbs, sautéed until soft (5-7 min)
- Pour in chicken stock
- Add turkey
- Generously add your salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer
- Simmer and stir occasionally for 30 minutes
- Add noodles and cook until tender
- Salt and pepper again to taste
If your feeling extra fancy, whip up some cornbread fritters or add your favorite table crackers.
Prep time 10 minutes. Cook time one hour.